Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:07:19 PM

Author Topic: Italy, Udine, Resiutta, La miniera del Resartico  (Read 4540 times)

FdW

• Administrator
  • Care for who cares...
Re: Italy, Udine, Resiutta, La miniera del Resartico
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 02:13:43 PM »
From the end of the 19th century, up to the early 1950s, from the bituminous veins intercalated with Dolomitic rocks in the Resartico Mine, a light, brown, easily flammable mineral was extracted; This mineral was taken to Resiutta to be distilled in a factory, that can still be seen to the left of the Resia stream, so that certain heavy-grade mineral oils could be extracted. The first stretch of the cave can now be visited; once you have put on your hard hat, it is possible to gain access to a short fullyequipped underground route, with the opportunity to re-live the history of this location written over the years by the hard work carried out by the miners. The mining activity has left other traces, now partly collected in the Resartico Mine Exhibition in Resiutta. Here several panels and pictures illustrate the activities that were carried out inside the mine, the hard-working conditions, the history of the researches, the geological and natural aspects of this area; particularly interesting is the re-construction of a life-size model portraying a stretch of the tunnel with a truck used to transport the materials extracted. There are also rock samples on display, in particular, the shale oil that was extracted as well as the tools used by the miners. The exhibition is completed by a model of the valley, showing the evolution of the layers and the mining galleries.
https://www.strahlen.org/forum/index.php/topic,27293.0.html

FdW

• Administrator
  • Care for who cares...