Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:19:58 PM

Author Topic: Italy, Sardegna, Narcao, EcoMuseo-Villaggio Minerario di Rosas  (Read 5354 times)

FdW

• Administrator
  • Care for who cares...
Re: Italy, Sardegna, Narcao, EcoMuseo-Villaggio Minerario di Rosas
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 03:37:05 PM »
Rosas is the second oldest mine of Sardinia. In ancient times the whole area was interested by mining exploitation by Romans and then Pisans. The Rosas mine was granted in 1851 for the exploitation of galena to the Società Anonima dell’Unione Miniere Sulcis e Sarrabus. In 1900 the mining concession was extended to zinc and copper minerals. In 1930 the mine property passed to the Società Anonima Miniere di Rosas that also acquired in 1933 the adjacent neighboring concessions of Mitza Sermentus and Truba Niedda (Bega Trotta). Mining exploitation continued until the early '60s with the Società AMMI S.p.A. and ceased in 1979 until the definitive grant disclaim in 1984. The rosasite, a carbonate of zinc and copper with hydroxyl group, was discovered for the first time in 1908 by Domenico Lovisato in the Rosas  mine. Rosasite, named after the Rosas mine, is an identity "type mineral specie" of Sardinia. The mining village is located in a mountain landscape with a Mediterranean climate rich in biodiversity. Today Rosas presents itself as a large open-air museum where industrial plants and buildings testify to the current and future generations the different social, economic, historical and productive realities, and also how a metal deposit has become a culture deposit.
https://www.strahlen.org/forum/index.php/topic,27293.0.html

FdW

• Administrator
  • Care for who cares...