Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:30:18 PM

Author Topic: Greece, Epidaurus, Kotsiomitis Natural History Museum  (Read 3813 times)

FdW

• Administrator
  • Care for who cares...
Re: Greece, Epidaurus, Kotsiomitis Natural History Museum
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 02:22:43 PM »
Thanks for the repo ; added to the map :)

Prodromos Nikolaidis

Greece, Epidaurus, Kotsiomitis Natural History Museum
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 10:10:19 PM »
Hello Strahlers!

Visiting and exploring Greece is always a unique experience! It becomes even more special when combined with a browsing at a natural history museum. Unfortunately, Greek natural history museums are not a ''thing'' and only a few can be found. One of these scarce museums is the ''Kotsiomitis Museum of Natural History''. It is also called ''Natural History Museum of Asklipieion''. It is more like a private collection open to the public than an actual history museum due to its small exhibition area (always of course in comparison with a proper natural history museum). Although its small scale a visit is well rewarding as there are plenty of carefully selected mineral specimens and a lot of fossils! Its location is at the small village of Ligourio which is approximately 2km away from the famous ancient theater of Epidaurus. So combining a visit to the theater and the museum is strongly advised!
  I personally visited the museum on 2014 during a geological multi-day field trip with the AUTh School of Geology so some things may have changed during this time period.
  I attach with this topic some images I took back then and also a link to the site of the museum.

http://www.museum-kotsiomitis.gr/index.php/en/

Regards!